Did you know that Hawaiian Chili Peppers not only taste amazing but they also provide a number of health benefits? Now you can indulge knowing that you are doing something good for your body!! Capsaicin, the main compound found in chili peppers that provides that great hot flavor has also been noted for the following:
• Improves Digestive Health - Rich in antioxidants and other compounds that can soothe stomach issues, peppers can stimulate gastric juices and work against the acidity in your digestive tract as an anti-irritant to help with upset stomachs, gas and diarrhea.
• Speeds Up Your Metabolism - Consumption of peppers has been known to increase metabolism and curb your cravings which can assist in weight loss.
• May Reduce the Risks of Cancer - Studies by the American Association for Cancer Research show that capsaicin and other antioxidants in chili peppers can kill cancer cells predominately in leukemia and prostate cancer with similar effects in breast, pancreatic and bladder cancer.
• Provides Joint Pain Relief - Capsaicin has the ability to bind with pain receptors to induce a burning sensation that may desensitize your pain receptors over time, ultimately working as a pain reliever used to treat shingles, joint pain and HIV neuropathy.
• Relieves Migraines - According to a study presented at the American Academy of Neurology, patients treated with intranasal capsaicin experienced full migraine relief due to desensitizing of the trigeminal nerve and decrease of CGRP, both responsible for migraine pain.
• Fights inflammation - Due to its ability to inhibit substance P, a neuropeptide responsible for causing inflammation, capsaicin is thought to be a potential treatment for arthritis pain, diabetic neuropathy and psoriasis.
• May Improve Cognitive Function - Due to their high iron content, chili peppers can help improve cognitive function thru increased blood flow and hemoglobin production in your brain which may help decrease your chances of developing cognitive disorders like dementia and Alzheimer's.
• May Improve Longevity - This particular study showed that increased consumption of spicy foods may be directly correlated to a increased, healthy life expectancy.
• Improved Ocular Health - Due to the high concentration of Vitamin A found in peppers, they are known for assisting with the prevention of ocular degeneration and overall eye health.
• Healthy Skin and Hair - The Vitamin C found in peppers helps with the production of collagen, a key component of healthy hair and skin.
• Fights Fungal Infections, Colds and the Flu - Thanks to the abundance of Vitamins A & C found in peppers, they have proven to be effective in immunity against infections and illnesses. Their anti-fungal properties are also effective in killing food pathogens.
• Supports Cardiovascular Health and Promotes Red Blood Cell Growth - High in potassium and other minerals, peppers are effective in reducing the chance of heart disease and increasing blood flow. Folic acid assists in fighting anemia and promoting healthy red blood cells.
• Decrease Risks of Type 2 Diabetes - According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, studies show that meals containing chili peppers may result in the right amount of insulin to reduce blood sugar levels.